- We mostly assisted the Game Design group.
- We'll focus on 2D graphics for now.
- 2.5D perspective to give a slight illusion of 3D. We could use Isometric (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isometric_projection) or Oblique (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oblique_projection) perspective.
- Use of sprites.
- Animating the characters/monsters sprites seems a good thing to do, but how?
- The number of direction the characters/monster sprites can have depends on what is needed for gameplay, but could be 8 or 4.
- Need to agree with the World Generation Group on a map format, so that we can represent it.
Technical Part :
- Scala/Java as programming language ? (Compatibility with Android for the smartphone version; There seems to be a lot of graphical libraries for Java, like Java Swing or LWJGL) - We need to create the graphical pipeline (softwares, data formats...): Creation of the graphical assets -> Animation -> Importation -> Effective Use in the game
- Continuous health bar or discrete hearts ? Needs to be defined by the gameplay. - Blink effect when taking damages ? - Minimap ? - How the hell can we do explicit formatting on this wiki !?